Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WELCOME!!

I want to welcome you all to The Queen of Western Queens blog.  I am thrilled to be sharing my journey through the community I love with all of you.  The idea of starting this blog came about around the holidays when I asked the cyber world of Astoria what restaurants were open for Christmas.  Most responses were the usual suspects of Chinese food and/or diners. I knew that those couldn’t be the only options and that we weren’t the only folks not going away for the holidays.  On Christmas day, while in search of our perfect holiday meal, my wife and I drove up and down the Avenue’s of Astoria to see who was open and in fact several restaurants were.  I want to be able to offer this kind of information to people.  What restaurants are open on Christmas and have special pre fix options?  Who has New Years Eve seatings available?  Where could you go for the perfect New Years Day brunch to help with the absorption of all the champagne you consumed?  Where could you have the best Valentines Day dinner with out being subjected to the Manhattan mark up?  Who has the best Karaoke? Who has the best wines by the glass?  Where is the best cup of Joe? What Bodega has the best craft beer options? What local non profits are available in Western Queens and have volunteer opportunities? How do I help keep Astoria Park clean? This is all information I would like to be able to provide in one place and I hope you will find all the information as useful as I do.  I would also like to stress that any opinions posted in my blog are simply my own and of my “loves” of Western Queens.  It doesn’t mean they are the best or better then your favorites.  That your top Pizza joint isn’t quality it just means we all have different palates, tastes and passions.  If you have a favorite that I haven’t mentioned and you would like me to check out, by all means let me know.  I love trying new things.  This blog is meant to be fun resource, a place to share information and to bring those together that also love living in Western Queens.

 
@LanaLauriano

Xoxo
Lana

 

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I can't wait to read more. I'm especially interested in good mom and pop stores, so I can stay away from chain stores. :)

    ReplyDelete