Sunday, January 20, 2013


CEDAR HOUSE RULES

Shawerma where have you been my whole life?  The Cedar’s Fresh Meats is wonderful Lebanese cuisine on 30th Avenue between 41st & 42nd Street.  I never thought a sandwich could change my life but it did.  No I am not always an adventurous eater.  It is not because I am not open to branching out but sometimes my stomach protests my decision and my brilliant ideas are vetoed.  But gratefully, I plunged into Cedar’s Fresh Meats.  I tried a Steak Shawerma, which had hints of clove and spices that perfectly melded together leaving my mouth watering.  I also sampled my wife’s Chicken Shawerma, which was equally as scrumptious.  The adorable guy behind the counter was so proud of the food he was preparing and was beaming when I said it was the best sandwich I had eaten in a long time.  We had lunch there on Saturday afternoon and was craving it all weekend.  We journeyed down 30th Avenue last night to pick up dinner and we greeted by the same young man who recognized us and smiled welcoming us back.  AND yes they deliver so you can secretly order as many times as you would like without feeling judged. They know it is just that good.


CEDAR’S FRESH MEATS
41-08 30th Avenue
Between 41st & 42nd Street
Astoria, NY 11103
718-606-1244

*Accepts all major credit cards

No comments:

Post a Comment