Monday, February 4, 2013


YOUR FRIENDLY UPSCALE NEIGBOORHOOD DINER: SANFORDS


I had never tried Sanford’s before and I thought I’d try something different.  Not to mention, I was craving pancakes likes nobody’s business.  Having a long wait usually deters me from going anywhere so I was happy to be seated right away.  Being a tea drinker as well as a lover of coffee, when I am in the mood for Tea with my breakfast I want something other than Lipton.  I was thrilled when I was brought “Southern Mint Herbal Tea” with a side of honey.  I was tempted by all the pancake options, but being that I have been indulging for a week, I decided on Whole Wheat pancakes…with caramelized bananas, crushed pecans, cinnamon caramel maple syrup with a triple sec reduction!  I usually have an aversion to anything with Triple Sec (Come on folks you should always be using Cointreau) but all the other yummy-ness made up for it.  When the plate was put in front of me my eyes got huge and I heard my stomach growl.  At first I thought all of the ingredients together would be overwhelming and too sweet but it all worked and it was heaven & the pancakes were fluffy goodness.  I already have my eye on the Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes.  Thank God they are open 24 hours so I can have pancakes whenever the urge hits me.


SANFORD’S RESTAURANT
30-13 Broadway
Astoria, NY 11106
(718)932-9562
@SanfordAstoria

*Accepts all major Credit Cards
*Open 24 Hours
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment